2010-10-10 Spring Clean-up in Northcote



"Metropolis", in the veggie patch in Northcote.
This was the first time opening the hive for a few months,
too cold to open it over winter.
  



They're workin'!


One of the frames from the middle of the top box.
Most of the brood seems to have gravitated to the top (warmest) part of the box.
Lots of brood, some capped honey (top left, with the whitish caps)


More capped honey

the girls drawing out the comb, ready to fill it up with honey (or babies...).

The top of the bottom box. Some burr comb, that I scraped off. Sorry girls.

The top box, on the ground while I sorted out the bottom box.

The girls.
You can see the frayed wing-tips on some of them, they'll be the older ones,
that have been out and about Northcote, collecting honey for me..



Little blighter was checking out my implements.
I didn't have a hive tool, so had to make do...
Frayed wing tips again.


No comments:

Post a Comment