2012-01-23 PAYDAY in Northcote.

The whole spinning thing is a bit slow and sticky, spinning the 12 frames I got the day before took me 5 hours all up, including at least 1 hour of cleaning.Finished up about 1 am, 
.
.
.
.
My uncapping tray, the plastic gauze gets squeezed out at the end, at least a couple of litres in there by the time I get through all those frames.
 The strainer. Need to start the straining process earlier, as it really slows down after the first few litres clog up the gauze....

Some solid red spots  in some of the comb. I think this is where  the girls have been stashing pollen upstairs, instead of in the nursery downstairs? not sure. I could find nothing on this on the intergoogler.
I found a couple of wax moth grubs while I was extracting, but I don't think this is related?


 drip.
drip.
drip. drip.
drip.
drip. drip.
drip.
drip. drip.
drip.
drip.



18 litres all up. Bottled it the next day.
Stickies went back into the hives the next day, too.
Probably the tastiest honey I've got so far, a lot redder than usual, and tangier.
I think this is because there were some quite old combs in there, that dated back a year or more.
I deliberately moved them to the middle of the boxes recently, so I could harvest them.

++++++++++++++ ooooooooooooo ++++++++++++++
STING TALLY: this season
Jonas : 30 
Adrian : 1
Edis : 6
Jazmina : 3
++++++++++++++ ooooooooooooo ++++++++++++++

HONEY TALLY:
2010/11: 34 litres
20011/12: 49 Litres so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment